This is just intended to be a quick post to update you on my Bargello quilt progress.
I have now completed the fourth strata. I actually finished to this point on Sunday but I have not had a chance to post to my blog since–it has been a busy week!
LindaJ and I have been working on this project together for the past two weekends. By LindaJ’s recent posts, it looks like we are on again for this weekend! It is so much easier to stay on task when someone is working along side of you! We have had so much fun working on quilts this way, we are planning more.
I know we both want to work on our Christmas Patience Corners quilts. My quilt was started some time ago (Inspired by FINN), and LindaJ wants to start one for herself. If we keep each other on task like we have with this Bargello quilt, we will have them finished in no time at all! Hop on over to LindaJ’s blog HERE, say hi, and cheer her on! Neither one of us wants this project to end up on the UFO pile!
This is the progress on my projects since New Year’s Day.
1. I have pieced another 17 color catcher string blocks. They still need to be trimmed, but that is a job I will leave till an evening in front of the TV. This is an ongoing project. As I have color catchers and strings of fabric, I continue to make these and store them in a box. When I have enough to make a quilt, I sit down and piece the top. I will never run out of string blocks, nor will this project ever end.
2. This is the color catcher string quilt that I quilted on New Year’s Day. It now has a binding machine sewn to the front. All this quilt needs is the hand work to fasten the binding to the back of the quilt. I will be taking this project with me to work on at my Monday night quilt group.
3. This is my dryer string diamond quilt. I finished this quilt to the flimsy stage back on May 27, 2007. It was time it was quilted! I quilted it using the Baptist Fan template. This one just needs the binding now.
4. This is my Christmas Patience Corners quilt. I worked on adding blocks to this one in the last couple of days. Currently this top is 73″ wide. I bought some backing on Friday (from the last of the bolts left from Liquidation World’s sale) that was 108″ wide. I think I will make this quilt as wide as I can to make maximum use of the backing. That means I will likely need to add another 1 1/2 blocks (if you count a group of four squares as a block) to the width of this quilt for a total of 7 1/2 blocks in width. I started this quilt top back in December 2006.
This is a picture of the wide fabric that I bought for the back of my Patience Corner quilt. It is bright and wild. Those flowers are at least 10″ across. I think I mentioned before that bright green is my new favorite colour!