I am continuing with my commitment to use up my “Classic” stash fabrics (or Slash the Stash – STS). I decided after working on my stack of blues that the next colour that I would work on would be purple.
I finished Purple Tempest tonight to the flimsy stage. The blocks finish at 9″ square making this top finish at 90″ x 90″. I used Cherry House’s, Tempest pattern. I prefer the look of this quilt in solid fabrics but the whole point of this exercise was to use the older more traditional fabrics in my stash which are prints and tone on tones so no solids this time. If you follow the link to Cherry’s blog you will see this pattern in many different colourways – all of them fabulous.