Cher and I have decided that we need to use up some of the “Classic” fabrics that we have in our stash. We have proclaimed 2017 to be the year of STS – Slash the Stash! (I have also proclaimed 2017 to be the year to finish UFO’s.) I started at the end of November 2016 with my stack of blue fabrics. I have wanted to make the quilt pattern, Hot Shot by Maple Island Quilts for a while now.
By the end of December, according to the pattern I had enough blocks to make the bed size. However, I made a design change and I decided that I wasn’t going to add the borders to my quilt like was suggested in the pattern so I needed to make more blocks to get my quilt up to a nice bed size – 87″ x 99″. I ended up making 56 blocks for a 7 by 8 grid.
By January 2, 2017, I had my finished flimsy.
I kept pushing on, determined that this project was not going to get added to the UFO pile. By January 15, 2017, the quilting was finished and on March 7, 2017, I took the last hand stitches on the binding.
Here it is in all its finished glory:
This is also one of my 13 projects that I listed for my guild’s UFO Challenge – for the first quarter. :)