This top only used three fabrics:
1. A floral fabric – used for the 4-patches and border
2. Accent fabric – burgundy in my quilt – used for the narrow border around the 4-patches, corner stones, and narrow inner border
3. Sashing fabric – green in my quilt
- My fabric had a 13 1/4″ repeat and my squares used for the 4-patch blocks were cut 3 1/4″ square.
- The narrow border that frames the 4-patches was cut 1″ wide and finished at 1/2″.
- The corner stones are cut 1 1/2″ square and finish 1″ square.
- The sashing is cut 1 1/2″ wide and finishes at 1″ wide.
- The border is cut 6 ” wide and finishes at 5 1/2″ wide.